re

Khanh the Killjoy

With This Kiss: Part Three

With This Kiss: Part Three - Eloisa James I feel...cheated. Granted, it was only 99 cents, but half the book were promotions and actual snippets of the previous two books (which we were already supposed to have read as setup for this novel). And there was no plot. None. The two previous novellas had a semblance of plot, there were actual action at least. In this book, there was nothing but a whole lot of bunking and protestations of love and the resolution of the miscommunication between Grace and Colin.There seriously was nothing more to this book than Colin's fervent protestations that he did love her, HER! And not her beautiful, lovely, radiant, effervescent sister Lily (to whom he proposed but didn't really mean it, and to whom he wrote during his absence at war---but only because he didn't really want the woman he loved to know how he REALLY SUFFERED). God forbid he confide in the woman he really wants to spend the rest of his life with! He just didn't want to write Grace or confide in her because he wanted to spare her the pain, really!!!Can you hear that? That's the sound of my eyeballs rolling all the way to the back of my head.99 cents. That's the cost of my coffee refill at 7-11, dammit. It says something about this book when I'd rather spend a dollar on the dregs of a 2-hour old pot of burnt coffee at a convenience store.