re

Khanh the Killjoy

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy Series #1)

Touch of Frost - Jennifer Estep Ugh, what's with the slut shaming? So one girl at her school is beautiful, popular, and sleeps around. That's not exactly admirable behavior, but to bring it to the front and judge her and secretly slut shame her and have other characters talk about it behind her back is not cool. Jasmine's not the only character that Gwen names as a slut either, Logan Quinn supposedly sleeps around. Again, typical teenager behavior, and bringing it up constantly doesn't make for an entirely likable character when it says something that said character is judgmental like that.The book is just all right, the idea of an academy full of descendants of legendary warriors and servants of the gods is nice, but oh god, Gwen does not fit in. And it's not only that, she is such a little whiner about it; I'm reminded of the goth and emo kids at my school who whines about everything and goes against the establishment just for the sake of being contrary. Gwen is like that, and she's not a very sympathetic character in my eyes. She's also hypocritical, since she breaks the rules herself by sneaking out of school to visit her grandmother every few days.New premise, but not an entirely promising nor attractive one. Whiny, annoying lead character. Will continue the series, but only because I'm bored and lacking reading materials.