re

Khanh the Killjoy

The Lady Most Likely...

The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Parts - Julia Quinn, Connie Brockway, Eloisa James I'm not a review writer. I read a book, enjoy it or not, and keep my opinion to myself, and yet I peruse Goodreads for reviews myself. Hypocrisy, yay! However, I recently read this book and so enjoyed it that I feel I should be encouraging y'all to read it too :PThe other two stories in the book was good, but oh man, Julia Quinn...I could not stop laughing at 2 specific pages in her story for 10 minutes. My sister thought I was crazy, but maybe I'm just overly fond of bunnies (yes, the mention of bunnies is relevant to the book). I grew out of the Regency romance genre, but I have always been a huge fan of Julia Quinn's writing and this book reminded me why.The final pairings were so, so very obvious. The book is quite tame as far as romance novels go, but it is still a refreshing break from books which rely on the main couple screwing each other's brains out and bridling and snapping at each other with barely concealed lust before admitting their feelings 3 pages before the book ends (before doing yet more unspeakable acts to each other, and ending with a thinly hinted future steamy liaison). The men are quite respectable and nice. I can't tell you how lovely it is to read a story with emotionally mature men.Just ignore my ramblings and read the first story, you'll giggle like a little girl. Or in my case, like a little girl who laughed so hard she fell off her bed.