re

Khanh the Killjoy

Death and the Girl Next Door

Death and the Girl Next Door - Darynda Jones I am so, so disappointed in this book. I am a huge fan of Darynda Jones after reading her Grave series, and I was expecting much more than this. It's not a terrible book, I guess, but it is very slow and confusing. There is not much action, despite the fact that its two main male pro/antagonists spend much of the first half of the book fighting and beating the living crap out of each other. Not much is explained by anyone, and i found myself increasingly frustrated with the chauvinism with which Cameron and Jared treated Lorelei, keeping her in the dark like that. Suffice it to say that by the time we figure out who Lori was, I had completely lost interest. The humor and wit is similar to her adult series. The writing is good enough. I just had a big problem getting attached to any of the characters besides Glitch. I'm halfway through and I don't really feel an urgent need to find out what happened in the rest of the book, despite just getting past the big revelation.