re

Khanh the Killjoy

The Restorer

The Restorer - Amanda Stevens I abandon most paranormal series because they're rather annoying. Most of the ones I've tried to read have contained vampires, werewolves, etc., and a variation of otherworldly politics and conspiracies, one would have to use a great deal of suspension of disbelief to really get into those stories. This series is believable, it's not too out there as far as paranormal activities go. One can be induced to believe that ghosts do exist, and aren't visible to everyone. This book sticks to ghosts, the subtle, haunted, stuck-to-one-place, not poltergeist-y type of ghosts, which is just fine with me. There are no fairies and angels and demons and other shit here. I found the main character, Amelia, very sympathetic and likeable. She is a level-headed person, not prone to hysterics and wild actions the way so many TSTL paranormal heroines are. Her love interest, Devlin, is mysterious and likeable, an alpha male without the jackassery; their chemistry and relationship development was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and am making my way through book 2. And holy atmosphere, Batman...I loved Amanda Stevens' vivid descriptions of the South.