re

Khanh the Killjoy

Shadowspell (Faeriewalker Series #2)

Shadowspell - Jenna Black I don't know if it's hindsight being 20/20, but I'm pretty sure I was never that stupid when I was a teenager. Sure, I was never a fairywalker as a teenager, but I like to think that if I were, I wouldn't have done anything so outrageously stupid as to make a deal with an immortal being involving giving up my virginity. I have an ancient fae father who can't possibly know what I'm going through. I mean, sure, he lost a son to the Erlking, but I LOST THE GUY I'M CRUSHING ON. WAH!And then slut-shaming myself for it. My god, there is so much slut-shaming in this book. The girl who dances with Dana's love interest like she was on a stripper pole? SLUT. Oh, my, I'm getting hot and heavy with the guy I find attractive, but I don't intend to sleep with him? OH MY GOD I AM SUCH A SLUT FOR FEELING LIKE THIS. OH MY GOD I AM SUCH A COCKTEASE!!!! Not cool. As far as my own morality goes, I don't feel sex is something to be shared rampantly, but neither should it be a source of shame and embarrassment, and god forbid I should hate myself for being a tease. Ugh.