re

Khanh the Killjoy

Strange Angels - St. Crow,  Lili One of the more enjoyable YA paranormals I've read lately. The heroine has been trained for this her whole life, but holy shit she is a normal teenager (besides being knowledgeable of the paranormal world and stuff, ya know?). Her dad is killed, and so what if she's had training and they've been on the move for years? She's a kid, she's frightened out of her mind, emotional, and unsure of what to do next. Her friend Graves is a good sidekick. He's got flaws, but he's not a complete asshole, nor is he a stalkery saint; they're just two very lonely people trying not to get over their head.My main issue is with the plot and pacing. This is the first book in the series, so I am cutting it some slack. New information is being thrown at us right and left, and we have to figure out which supernatural characters are in play for this one. Things are really confusing, and there's a lot of gaping plot holes, such as WHO'S THE IDIOT IN CHARGE OF THE KIND OF SCHOOL THAT LETS A KID DITCH FOR A WEEK WITHOUT PARENTAL CONTACT? But hey, willing suspension of disbelief for the sake of literature, right? I wanted more information as to what Dru is, and what kind of stuff she and her dad has been up to since her grandmother died, but I'll let it slide for now, in hopes that the next few books in the series will provide more insight. I am looking forward to reading the next book.