re

Khanh the Killjoy

The Reckoning - Kelley Armstrong Oh, FINALLY. Here's what I've been waiting for, some decent, relevant action. This was a very pleasant change from the mind-numbing boringness of the first couple of books. I don't care if the group was on the run for most of the 2nd book, it didn't change the fact that it was completely yawn-worthy. In this book, the four are in a hideout and Tori and Chloe are trying to gain more control of their power while trying to prove to the adults of the resistance that they're telling the truth and they're not the mutant freaks they believe them to be.There is a little romance in the book, too. Nothing too much, but completely believable, given their age. Actually, I do have a complaint, and it's their age. It's a little unbelievable that all the characters are ~16 or younger. Their action and decision making skills and street savvy are much more suited to street-smart youths or at least someone older than 15. Derek and Simon's actions and streetwise is believable, because those two have been on the run with their dad for a long time, but sheltered, stammering Chloe and spoiled rich princess Tori? No.