re

Khanh the Killjoy

Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder Proof of Guilt - Charles Todd In the Woods  - Tana French

30 Day Book Challenge, Day 15: Favorite Male Character

Day 14 is skipped, because I tend not to watch book-to-movie adaptations unless I can help it.

OH, WAIT. ERAGON. HOLY CRAP THAT WAS A TERRIBLE ADAPTATION. It completely skipped my mind til now. Oh my god, the first book was the best one in the series, and the movie totally FUBARed it.

Back to day 15 now.

Without a doubt in my mind. Valek and Ian Rutledge. And maybe, maybe Rob Ryan.

There are no words to say how much I love Valek. Call me dumb, but he and Yelena's romance came out of the blue for me, and it was so sweet. My love for him is one of those inexplicable things, there have certainly been more handsome, more deadly, more intriguing males, but there's just something about Valek that have absolutely cemented him at the top of my list. Maybe it's his ninja-like bad-assery. Maybe it's his acceptance and love of Yelena and her scarred past. Maybe it's his fierce loyalty to her, despite the distance, despite the time, despite a spoiler that I won't mention. They could be separated for so long, and he remains unquestioningly there for Yelena. She needs him? He is there, no questions asked. He trusts her so much.

The brilliant, PTSD-suffering detective in a very, very long-running series. I truly hope this series never ends, I can never get enough of Detective Ian Rutledge.

I'm wavering here, because I do not approve of some of his actions at all, but I do so love Rob. I think I have a thing for men with haunted pasts in books. But then again, don't we all. I JUST WANT SOME CLOSURE FOR ROB. *cries* It helps that out of all my book loves, I can pin a face to Rob in my mind. To me, he's Benedict Cumberbatch. He's Sherlock, he can be Rob as well.