re

Khanh the Killjoy

Just fucking terrible so far - 25%

Pawn  - Aimee Carter

Ugh. So there's no fucking world building except for the fact that it's 71 years in the future and BAM, we've got a dictatorial Prime Minister and his ruling family, and everyone's branded with a class I (lowest, and not worthy of living) to the ruling VII.

Kitty Doe has grown up in an orphanage. At the age of 17, she took the all-important exam to determine which class she will be. The exam is designed to determine your intelligence, and Kitty's probably dyslexic or something because she cannot read.

She gets slapped and branded with a Class III, and is designated to be a sewer worker in Denver.

Instead of resigning herself to her fate as a good old-fashioned laborer, she first decides to:

1. Commit suicide by cop. She steals an orange and hopes that the security guard will shoot her

2. That fails, or rather, Kitty chickens out. She decides then WHY, I SHALL BECOME A PROSTITUTE.

Because it's sooooooooooo much better, because she is DOING IT FOR THE GOOD OF HER BOYFRIEND SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE STUCK WITH A LOSER LIKE HER.

I love her boyfriend, Benjy. What a sweetheart. What a gentleman. What a wonderful guy. He's better off without that stupid piece of shite Kitty.

My god, how fucking stupid can you be?

Oh, and NATURALLY Kitty's virginity is auctioned off for 30,000 gold. Higher than anyone has ever gotten. EVER.

Fuck me. I'm only 25% through.